Saturday, May 02, 2009

Rainy Night in Texas

What a great way to start off my blog. . . . .while I was creating it a horrible thunder/lightening storm decided to come through Mesquite, Texas. It rained so hard in just a few minutes that our pool level started raising immediately, and it looked like it was going to start overflowing. I had to risk my life and go out to hook up the hose to start draining off some water. I was so scared and started praying "the Lord is my Shepherd. . . .", because I just knew I was going to be struck by a bolt of lightening. I am not like Lieutenant Dan in Forrest Gump where he just begged God to bring it on. . . . .I almost saved the day, but our garage (which is made into a den) flooded about half way, so Keith will have to deal with that when he gets home.

Jon-Jon is out in this mess parking cars at a Valet service in North Dallas (he'll probably be really busy since no one will want to park their own car in this downpour), and Brandee is working her shift at Dodie's in Rockwall. I sure hope she didn't have to serve on the patio tonite. What a night for Keith's company to have a "get-together" and leave me in charge at home. Mom and Pop had to move their 5th wheel in up-state Oklahoma, because Kaw lake where they are gate attendants has flooded.

Pray for the Rookies and Staff of the Dallas Cowboys, because their training tent in Valley Ranch collapsed. Many are injured and I don't know their status at this point.