Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Tons Of Money?…Illinois Considers Taxing Soft Drinks To Fight Obesity

From CBS2Chicago.com

By Kristyn Hartman

Feel like you’re taxed enough already? More could be coming. There’s an early push to explore taxing soft drinks that are sweetened with sugars – all to get you to stop buying them. CBS 2′s Kristyn Hartman reports it’s all about obesity.
 
A coalition of groups is in the very early stages of mapping out a plan to fight fat in Illinois. Sugared beverage consumption has tracked with rising obesity rates – so it’s getting some attention.

Pop after pop might feel good going down, but it can put on the pounds. That’s the case with any higher calorie drink. . . .

---------------------------------------

According to thebsreport.wordpress.com: I don’t know about you but I’m completely capable of making my own eating and drinking decisions without government telling me what I “should” be doing. In addition to this being another way for our “broke” states to “shake us down” for more money, these people are also a bunch of busybodies who believe it’s their mission to control the way the rest of us live our lives.

---------------------------------------

I agree 100%. . . .I am sooooo sick of liberals turning America into a "Nanny State" where they control everything you eat and everything you do.